Job Description - Director
A dedicated individual who has a passion to make a difference in the lives of young children and their families.
When you consider a career at the Kids Academy, know that you will be joining a team that prides itself on excellence in providing childcare. The Kids Academy is Nationally accredited and participates in the First Things First Quality First program.
- Must meet qualification for a facility director as per R9-5-401.1 of Arizona Administrative Code for Department of Health Services for Childcare Facilities.
- Be responsible for the operation of the school, ensuring that the school is operating in compliance with Arizona State licensing standards.
- Be responsible for the curriculum and facility operations including record keeping, activity planning, supervision of staff and children, staff development and training.
- Be responsible for ensuring an educational, caring and safe environment for the children and parents.
- Maintain an inventory of equipment & supplies to carry out program activities, procure additional supplies when needed.
- Maintain positive rapport with families, teachers, state licensing authorities and community contacts.
- Conduct facility tours for prospective parents.
- Promote positive image of the company and play a major role in making the company a provider of choice in educational programs for the neighboring communities. Help achieve profitability for the company.
- Annually completes minimum required training as per ADHS.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have high school or equivalent diploma.
- Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field (Bachelor's and Master's degree preferred).
- 1-2 years of management experience in a licensed childcare center.
- Solid understanding of ADHS regulations for childcare centers.
- Strong knowledge of DES, CACFP, FTFQF and NAC programs.
- Demonstrated skills in customer service and relationship building with families and staff.
- Computer skills - Must be able to use MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Internet and Email
- Physical demands – May occasionally need to lift and carry children and equipment including sitting on the floor. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Applicants should be able to provide copies of all verifiable credentials and three professional references at the time of Interview. Offer of hire will be contingent upon successful clearance of TB test, valid fingerprint clearance card, and state mandated background checks.
The Kids Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of an individual's race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.